New Book Focuses On Robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery
(BUSINESS WIRE) Research and Markets has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book Medical Robotics: Minimally Invasive Surgery to their offerings. It works to provide authoritative coverage of the core principles, applications and future potential of this technology. Beginning with an introduction to robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery, the core technologies of the field are discussed, as are current and future applications before concluding with a discussion on ethical issues.
Other k ey coverage areas include:
- Localisation and tracking technologies for medical robotics.
- Robotics for neurosurgery.
- Robotic systems for cardiovascular interventions.
- Robotics in orthopaedic surgery.
- Robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery.
- Robotics in ear, nose and throat surgery.
- Robotic-assisted eye surgery.
- Robotics for minimally invasive surgery and NOTES.
- Meso-scale mobile robots for gastrointestinal surgery.
- Real-time software platform using MRIs for in-vivo navigation of magnetic microrobots.