Indian Baby Released After No Signs Of Spontaneous Combustion

Mon, 08/26/2013 - 7:24am
Gilliam Mohney

A 3-month-old baby, who has serious burns and was suspected of suffering from spontaneous human combustion, was released from an Indian hospital on Friday, according to the Indian newspaper The Hindu.

The infant, named Rahul, is expected to remain in the city of Chennai under the protection of child rights activists until the cause of his mysterious burns are uncovered, according to the Times of India.

Rahul’s parents told the authorities that the infant spontaneously caught on fire at least four different times even after they had taken him to local medical centers.

Rahul’s doctors at the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital spoke to the Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW) on Thursday.

“Nobody has been able to pinpoint the reason why Rahul suffered burn injuries. Our aim is to protect the child until a conclusion is reached,” ICCW general secretary Chandradevi Thanikachalam told the Times of India. “We’ll keep Rahul and his mother Rajeshwari in a place where he will also get additional protection, but only after his parents’ approval.”

Continue reading... 


Share this Story

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.