Buffalo Filter in conjunction with Pfiedler Enterprises will be sponsoring a new continuing nursing education activity, Connecting the Dots, Managing Surgical Plume: A Facility Wide Effort. It is intended for perioperative registered nurses who are interested in learning more about the risks and remedies for surgical plume and who are attending the 2014 61st AORN Surgical Conference and Expo.
The objectives of the course are to:
1. Discuss a brief overview of the biological, chemical, and physical (particle) risks inherent in surgical plume.
2. Describe sound strategies for managing surgical plume in the operative environment.
3. Identify the key stakeholders that must be involved in developing, communicating, reinforcing and ultimately monitoring compliance to a surgical plume protocol.
4. Describe how to use existing standards, recommendations and sample policies to create change within your organization.
5. Discuss needs assessment, audit exercises and equipment utilization.
The activity will take place in the Buffalo Filter Booth # 1819 on Monday, March 31st Tuesday, April1st. Monday schedule is: 10:00, 12:00 noon and 2:00. Tuesday schedule is: 9:00, 11:00 and 1:00. 10:00, 12:00 noon and 2:00.
Upon completion (Activity Number: 8652) the attendee can receive 2.0 contact hours. For more information please contact Pfiedler Enterprises at 720-748-6144.