Smith & Nephew's Advanced Wound Management Division introduces its new Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) product, the RENASYS GO, designed to address the needs of clinicians and their active, mobile patients. The RENASYS GO system allows patients to be compliant with NWPT to promote wound healing in any environment. The company says features of this new system include:
- The ability to be used with the RENASYS™-F foam and RENASYS™-G gauze wound interfaces.
- The ability for clinicians to tailor NPWT to meet their patients' unique needs and the specific requirements of their wounds.
- A lighterweight design, weighing less than 3 lbs.
- A discrete carrying case.
- A frosted 300cc canister minimizing the visibility of exudate.
- Multiple alarms and a patient lock-out feature enhance patient safety.
- Extended, 20-hr. battery life and a less than 4-hr. charge-up time. User-friendly digital settings to reduce the risk of error.