Post-Op Pain Relief System
The ON-Q® Post-Operative Pain Relief System from I-Flow Corp. is a balloon-like pump that provides targeted pain relief after surgery by automatically delivering a non-narcotic local anesthetic near the surgical site area. The system works like this:
- The pump is attached to a catheter that the surgeon places near the incision site.
- Medicine is automatically delivered via the pump at a slow flow rate.
- The pump may last 2 to 5 days.
- The pump is completely portable, lightweight and can be attached to a gown or clothing or placed in a carrying pouch.
- When the infusion is complete, the catheter is removed and the pump is thrown away.
- Depending on the surgery, the patient may go home with one of these pain relief systems.
- The system can be used in orthopedics, CV/CT, bariatrics, general, plastic, OB/GYN, urological, colorectal and trauma.