Megadyne offers the Pediatric Mega Soft® reusable return electrode to address the small patient size and fragile skin challenges associated with pediatric electrosurgery. Features of the product include:
- Current limiting technology that automatically limits circuit current in the event of contact disruption, available for use with patients weighing between 0.8 lb. (350 g) and 50 lb (23kg).
- Measurements of 26” L x 12” W x ½” thick.
- The ability for the pad to be sized to fit in a bassinet/isolette or on the O.R. table.
- The ability for the infant to be placed directly on the pad, sized to extend the length and width of the patient’s body.
- Compatibility with isolated RF generators.
- Manufacturing with Akton® polymer to evenly distribute pressure to help prevent pressure ulcers.
- Prevention of pad site burns.
- No power setting or timing restrictions.