Safety Scalpel Blade And Handle System
Precision Medical Devices Inc. (PMD) introduces a new safety scalpel blade and handle system, the ThumBlade™ safety scalpel system. Features include:
- Thumb activation independent mechanisms, enabling one-handed activation smoothly and safely by right or left handed practitioners with no contact with the
- exposed blade.
- An easy, natural opening motion while keeping the other fingers out of the way.
- A safety sheath made from high quality ABS composite with a completely flat and smooth top, providing a stable platform for better control during the procedure.
- Extra sharp blades are stainless steel, pre-sterilized, and disposable after single use.
- Glade sheaths and packaging that are color coded by size for easy counting and safe use.
- Stainless steel handles that are pre-sterilized for first use and can be re-sterilized and re-used.
- Availability of handles in both #3 and #4 fitments, at premium length and back-weighted for the grip and feel practitioners prefer.
- A protective sheath system that helps users and institutions meet these requirements by eliminating contact with the exposed blade when used properly. An independent thumb-activated closing mechanism that returns the sheath to its original position thereby shielding the blade.
- A single hand ejection button that minimizes the risk of sharps injuries while disposing of the sheathed blade.
For more information, please visit http://www.PMDmfg.com