Thermoregulatory Device Monitors And Controls Patient Temperature
Medivance offers the Arctic Sun® Temperature Management System, a thermoregulatory device that monitors and controls patient temperature within a range of 33°C to 37°C (91.4°F to 98.6°F). According to the company, the system exhibits:
- The Model 2000 automated controller featuring:
- The ability to monitor and control patient temperature
- The ability to pull temperature-controlled water ranging between 4°C and 42°C (39.2°F and 107.6°F) through the Energy Transfer Pads at flow rate of 3 to 4 L/min, resulting in heat exchange between the water and the patient.
- Arctic Energy Transfer Pads connected to the Model 2000 that are thin, conformable and anatomically shaped to cover areas of the patient’s skin. Additional features of the pads include
- A design enabling water to flow within internal pathways across its surface to provide even, efficient heat transfer between the skin and water.
- The ability to adhere to the patient’s skin by the use of a biocompatible hydrogel adhesive and are completely painless to remove.
- A unique hydrogel adhesive allows the pads to be repositioned on the patient’s skin if needed without loosing adhesion.
- Insulation on the back of each pad to minimize heat transfer to the environment and condensation when cooling.
For more information, visit www.medivance.com