March 12, 2010
DSM PTG, part of DSM Biomedical, introduces Bionate® II PCU, a versatile medical polymer with built-in surface technology designed for chronic implants. Bionate® II PCU is a line extension of the Bionate® Polycarbonate Urethane family, a medical polymer for long-term implants and is backed by an established FDA Master File. Features include:
- Improved performance and processing characteristics for medical devices.
- Patented SAME® technology, a built-in surface modification utilizing surface activity and self assembly of chemical groups attached to the ends of each polymer molecule during synthesis.
- The ability to enable medical devices to be equipped with permanent surface modification while maintaining excellent mechanical properties.
- The ability to eliminate the need for secondary surface treatments once a device is made.
- Improved oxidative stability and greater strength than the first generation Bionate® PCU.
- The Bionate® PCU family has been tested and used in many commercially-available long term implants, including pacemaker leads, ventricular assist devices, catheters, stents, spinal discs, neurostimulation devices, hip and knee joints, and spinal fixation systems.
For more information, visit www.dsmbiomedical.com