The ACE Blade is a next-generation of cutting device to provide high performance electrosurgery. The ACE Blade, with a proprietary PTFE non-stick coating in the ACE Mode of Mega Power™ electrosurgical generator, will be marketed as a replacement to the scalpel, even for skin incisions. The company’s data demonstrates wound healing with the ACE Mode and ACE Blade is equivalent to a scalpel and that by replacing the scalpel, the passing of dangerous sharps between the surgeon and scrub person can be eliminated. According to the company, additional features include:
- The ability for the device to stay sharp so surgeons may use the electrosurgical current to perform the cutting with very little pressure is required.
- The ability for tissues to be transected without applying tension to the tissue such that “square” cuts (which enhance healing) are made.
- The ability for the surgeon to use the yellow Cut switch to activate ACE and simply moves his/her finger to the blue coag button to achieve hemostasis.
- By using the ACE Blade in the COAG mode, the surgeon can receive a more focused energy when coagulating vessels.
- The ability for the ACE Mode to automatically adjust power to provide a smooth consistent feel such that no power adjustments are required to be made by the Circulating Nurse.
- Less thermal damage to tissue than traditional electrosurgical modes and blade electrodes.
- Reduced eschar build-up and a blade that wipes clean with the company’s E-Z Clean non-stick coating.
For more information, visit www.megadyne.com