Anterior Cervical Plate System
DePuy Spine, Inc. introduces the UNIPLATE® 2 Anterior Cervical Plate System, a next-generation single-screw midline fixation system. According to the company, the UNIPLATE 2 features:
- Use for 1- or 2-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF). Single-screw midline fixation that allows the surgeon to affix an implant using one screw per vertebral body, which minimizes the need for retraction of soft tissue, such as the trachea and esophagus, during implantation.
- A thinner profile between screw holes, providing flexible “bend zones” that allow surgeons to customize the plate to fit a patient’s anatomy.
- Less material on both ends to reduce the risk of adjacent level impingement.
- Posterior cleats to reduce slippage.
- Fourth-generation CAM-LOC™ technology that offers visual, tactile and audible assurance that the screws are locked in place.
- Streamlined instrumentation that enables surgeons to choose the method of implantation most appropriate to the patient’s needs.
For more information, visit www.depuy.com