The company makes its De Mayo Knee positioner lighter so it is easier to handle in the OR and for autoclaving
April 20, 2010
Innovative Medical Products announces enhancements to the De Mayo Knee Positioner® making it lighter. The positioner’s lighter weight makes it easier for operating room personnel to place and manipulate the positioner on the OR table and for hospital personnel to transport and insert the equipment into a sterilizer, via a new sterilizing/storage case. Additional changes include:
- Re-engineering from multiple plates to a 1-piece base that is 3 lbs. lighter than the earlier version.
- The addition of a thumb screw device increasing the locking power to enhance the carriage holding power on the rail by further preventing any slippage while using the De Mayo Universal Distractor™.
- The thumb screw brake also offers the ability for the surgeon to lock flexion/extension while allowing freedom of rotation of the knee.
- The ability to allow the surgeon to achieve a finite control of the device to distract the femur from the tibia outside the surgical site, but within the sterile field.
- A design with a bracket on the back of the positioner’s boot allowing for an easy upgrade to incorporate the De Mayo Universal Distractor™ with the De Mayo Knee Positioner®.
For more information, visit www.impmedical.com .