Philips introduces the InnerCool RTx Endovascular System for cooling and warming, which provides advanced whole body temperature modulation therapy in a closed-loop system from the inside out. The InnerCool RTx is a high-performance system that can rapidly raise and lower the body temperature of certain non-paralyzed, awake patients of all sizes in the intensive care setting. Features include:
- The ability to cool and warm patients with an integrated temperature sensor catheter, which is placed below the heart via the femoral vein.
- Once in place, the closed-loop system modulates whole body temperature without fluid introduction or exchange by circulating cool or warm saline, allowing for temperature control with faster cooling and warming rates.
- The ability to cool awake patients, which helps to avoid the risks inherent with paralytic agents such as masking seizures or inadequate levels of sedation. I
- A programmable console with a touch screen interface.
- The ability to be used with both a standard catheter and the Accutrol™ Catheter—a temperature modulation catheter with an integrated temperature sensor.
- Average cooling rates of 4-5 C/hr and the average warming rates of2-3 C/hr.
For more information, visit www.philips.com