Z-Medica Corporation announces the QuikClot® Interventional™ hemostatic bandage. A primary application of the bandage is to control arterial and venous bleeding following cardiac catheterization or other vascular access procedures. According to the company, features include:
- Indication for use in the local management and control of external bleeding from vascular access sites and percutaneous catheters or tubes utilizing sheaths of up to 12 Fr.
- The ability to be safely used on femoral and other arterial and venous bleeds.
- An inert and inorganic mineral that has no known contraindications and accelerates the body’s natural hemostatic process.
- Does not require any advance preparation.
- Double-packaging in a blister package and a foil pouch for aseptic technique.
- A 3M® Tegaderm® adhesive bandage for easy application.
- The ability to be applied in 3 steps with no special training: remove the hemostatic pad from the packaging and place it into the sterile field using sterile technique; place the pad on the puncture site and manual pressure is applied for at least five minutes or until bleeding stops; and apply the 3M® Tegaderm® adhesive bandage over the pad and secure to the skin.
- The ability to be left in place for up to 24 hours and removed by gently peeling away the Tegaderm® bandage and removing the pad.
For more information, visit www.z-medica.com