Preoperative Skin Preparation
3M™ DuraPrep™ Surgical Solution is a patient skin prepping solution in a self-contained applicator combining two broad-spectrum antimicrobials. Effective in a single painted coat, surgical solution eliminates the need for a time consuming scrub and paint application by combining two proven, broad-spectrum antimicrobial agents: alcohol for fast kill and fast drying, and iodine povacrylex for persistence in a water-insoluble film. Additional features include:
- The ability to kill major pathogens in 1 minute.
- The ability to kill 99.999 percent gentamicin-resistant and vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE) in 1 minute versus a leading aqueous iodophor's kill in 10 minutes.
- Compliance with the TFM required log reduction with a single, painted coat.
- The ability to be effective after exposure to blood.
- Resistance to removal by blood and irrigating solutions.
- Enhanced drape adhesion to promote sterile surface to the wound edge
- An indication for use on intact skin procedures including lumbar puncture.
For more information, visit www.3m.com