For deep sutures in tight operating spaces, intuitive, easy-to-wield tools are key to maximizing accuracy and minimizing patient trauma. You need an introducer that works as simply and solidly as your own hand — in a fraction of the space, with a fraction of the effort. The Bard FIXT™ Suturing Device is a trans-vaginal suturing device that provides durability, reliability, and ergonomic ease of use to physicians performing pelvic organ prolapse repairs. It is designed to deliver a suture material through an anatomical structure such as the sacrospinous ligament and arcus tendineous. The device utilizes a metal bullet on the end of the suture to pierce through the structure and is captured by the device on the other side of the structure (utilizing an active capture mechanism). After recapture, the device is removed from the surgical site, bringing the end of the suture with it. This device will be used for vaginal suspension procedures and/or to place either synthetic or biologic grafts to treat pelvic organ prolapse. Features include
- Genuinely strong, deeply simple.
- Straight-line insertion means decreased manipulation—no unnecessary pushing or prodding.
- The shaft is half the diameter of other suture delivery devices.
- Light but robust metal construction means one FIXT™ Suturing Device can finish the job.
- Atraumatic head geometry allows for easy device insertion and removal.
- Ergonomic easy-grip handle makes the FIXT™ Suturing Device an extension of the hand in tight spaces.
- Does not require counter-tension to hold suture in place.
For more information, visit www.bardmedical.com