DePuy Spine, Inc. introduces 2 products in its EXPEDIUM® Spine System: the EXPEDIUM Favored Angle Screw, a thoracolumbar favored-angle pedicle screw that angulates laterally or medially for easier rod capturing, and the EXPEDIUM Cobalt-Chromium (CoCr) Alloy Rod, designed to maintain deformity correction without compromising imaging compatibility. The EXPEDIUM Favored-Angle Screw features:
- A dual-locking closure mechanism.
- Favored angle trajectory and reduction tabs, which allow the screw to act as both implant and instrument in deformity or degenerative procedures.
- Total angulation of up to 77.7 degrees, which combines top-tightening and side-loading benefits and facilitates rod capturing while reducing the impact on soft tissue.
- The ability to possibly reduce the number of steps in the procedure and the instruments required due to the reduction tabs and dual locking closure mechanism.
The EXPEDIUM CoCr Alloy Rod offers:
- A design to maintain sagittal and coronal alignment while offering better imaging and less artifact than stainless steel.
- Availability in diameters of 5.5 mm and 4.5 mm.