Covidien offers the Parietex ProGrip™ mesh. Parietex ProGrip™ mesh is a bicomponent mesh composed of monofilament polyester and a resorbable polylactic acid gripping system that facilitates a tension-free hernia repair. Features include:
- Hydrophilic polyester monofilament resulting in fast and intimate tissue in-growth.
- Polyester’s large pore size and monofilament fiber composition works with the body’s natural systems to improve tissue response and reduce foreign material reaction*.
- Light weight mesh (38 g/m2) for reduced amount of material after resorption.
- Optimal porosity (pore size: 1.7 x 1.1 mm) for quick and optimized tissue in-growth.
- Isoelastic textile design.
* William S. Cobb, MD; Kent W. Kercher, MD; and B. Todd Heniford, MD. “The Argument for Lightweight Polypropylene Mesh in Hernia Repair.” Surgical Innovation, Vol 12, No 1 (March), 2005: pp 63-69