Bard Davol introduces the SORBAFIX Absorbable Fixation System. According to the company, the system has a repair strength 7 times greater than maximum intra-abdominal pressure (IAP). Features of the fixation system include:
- An easy-to-see purple color.
- Indication for use for prosthetic mesh fixation and the approximation of soft tissue in laparoscopic and open surgeries.
- Pre-loaded with either 15 or 30 absorbable fasteners.
- The absorption of the fasteners nearly complete at approximately 12 months post implantation, leaving less foreign material behind.
- The ability to maximize tissue engagement with consistent thread diameter, fastener length and hollow core design.
- An atraumatic blunt tip fastener with smooth head and no exposed points for secure mesh fixation in a variety of meshes.