FloShield from Minimally Invasive Devices is a device designed to keep the laparoscope clean and free of fog during surgery. According to the company, the the device offers:
- Use of CO2 that already exists on the surgical field to direct an air curtain over the end of the lens to form a protective boundary.
- A remote handgrip that integrate a button-activated flush mechanism utilizing pressurized saline from the irrigation bag to wash debris off the end of the lens if needed.
- A compact form factor maximizing freedom of laparoscope movement, and reducing the risk of collision with other surgical instruments.
- The least possible use of material minimizing weight to maintain hand comfort during prolonged use.
- The ability to attach to any 10-mm laparoscope.