Innovative Medical Products introduces the large De Mayo Hip Positioner®--a bariatric solution for lateral positioning of obese patients during hip surgery or in any surgery requiring lateral positioning. The solution stabilizes bariatric patients in the same orientation throughout the surgical procedure, while eliminating the need for any strenuous lifting of the patient by OR personnel. According to the company, the product features:
- A design with an anterior vertical support and a horizontal crossover bar that are both 3 inches longer than standard dimensions.
- A piece off the crossover bar that is also engineered 2 inches longer so it can be rotated to precisely secure the positioner’s foam pad to the iliac crest.
- An adapter piece added to the positioner’s lumbar support plate, extending its height for even more support.
- The company’s EZ-GRIP™ rail clamp provided to complete the hip positioner’s exceptional patient stabilizing capability.
- Latex-free, single-use pads that protect the patient from excess pressure, while eliminating the potential for cross contamination.
For more information, visit www.impmedical.com