Innovative Medical Products is helping improve orthopedic surgery on obese patients with the new MorphBoard® modular pegboard positioning system.
Along with its two modular end boards, the MorphBoard® features:
- A lightweight center board that can be easily adjusted to accommodate an obese patient’s large abdomen.
- A 20” W x 30” L center board that, when rotated 90 degrees and combined with the two end boards, “morphs” into a 30” wide section large enough to support most obese patients.
- The ability to enable OR personnel to simply roll patients onto their sides for easy stabilization using the various peg-hole locations, eliminating strenuous lifting of the patient into an exact location as with other positioning systems.
- 2 standard-sized 8” and 12” pegs.
- Two 14” pegs designed especially for the obese patient.
- Availability of all pegs in either aluminum or composite material; the latter is radiolucent for intraoperative X-rays.
- 2 clamping plates to hold the pegboard component boards in place and two EZ GRIP™ side rail clamps.
- A slow recovery foam pad or malleable gel pad (or a combination of both) that is placed over the plastic pegboard for patient protection and can be easily rolled up to conform to the patient’s body leaving access to the peg holes closest to the patient where the pegs can be inserted for maximum stabilization.
For more information, visit www.innovativemedical.com.