Covidien introduces the Endo GIA™ curved tip and black reloads with Tri-Staple™ technology. The curved tip reload is a surgical stapling device that features:
- A curved tip for improved maneuverability around hard-to-reach tissues and vessels.
- Blunt dissection during minimally invasive procedures such as video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) to remove a portion of the lung.
- Improved visibility and maneuverability.
- A radiopaque flexible introducer that can be mounted onto the tip, which may help guide the fixed anvil under the vessel/tissue that is to be transected. An atraumatic curved tip that can be used for blunt dissection and to manipulate tissues while positioning the reload before firing.
Meanwhile, the black reload enables surgeons to consistently staple in extra thick tissue applications that previously were beyond the indications of any minimally invasive stapler. It features:
- A design to comfortably compress tissues that are up to 50 percent thicker than the tissues that could be compressed with previous-generation staplers.
- The ability to provide a smooth firing force through tissues that range in thickness from 2.25 mm to 3 mm.
Both the curved tip and black reloads feature Tri-Staple technology and work with Covidien’s current Endo GIA Universal stapler. They also work with the new Endo GIA Ultra Universal stapler, which combines an ergonomic design, precise articulation and one-handed grasping for increased versatility. Reloads featuring Tri-Staple technology provide outstanding performance across a broader range of tissue thicknesses, thereby simplifying the reload selection process. Key features include a fixed anvil, a stepped cartridge face, three varied staple heights, enhanced tissue compression and a stronger knife blade.
For more information, visit www.covidien.com