The “Splat Mat” from Breck Surgical Products is a 3’x 4’, super absorbent, low profile, skid resistant, fluid proof backed, and disposable surgical floor mat. According to Breck Surgical Products, the company issued the first disposable mat on the market in 1989. Features of the "Splat Mat" include:
- Safe and non-distracting to stand on, absorbs biohazard fluids and betadine to provide faster, safer procedures and room clean-up.
- Not made from a paper or cloth product.
- It absorbs more fluid.
- It won’t bunch up, it won’t tear.
- It is made with a special compressed non-woven polyester fiber with a tough nonskid PVC backing.
- You can roll stools on it.