Tissue And Implant Module
The Pyxis ProcedureStation system with Tissue and Implant module from Cardinal Health helps increase patient safety, streamline hospital workflow and increase compliance with Joint Commission standards for managing tissue, biologics and other implantables. According to the company, the product offers:
- Tracking of tissue and biologics from the receiving dock through patient implantation or disposal.
- An electronic chain of custody record, reducing risk associated with manual documentation error and item contamination, expiration or recall.
- 10-year data storage, allowing for prompt recall action.
- Automated continuous temperature monitoring for temperature-sensitive tissues and implants.
- Ability for hospitals to identify and sequester tissues with possible infection or contamination, and identify and inform recipients of tissue in cases of infection risk.