Small, Strong, Secure Soft Tissue Fixation
DePuy Mitek, Inc. offers all of its QUICKANCHOR® Plus suture anchors for small joint repair available pre-loaded with ORTHOCORD®. According to the company, ORTHOCORD is the only high-strength, partially-absorbable orthopedic suture designed to provide a supple solution for soft tissue fixation while maintaining strength and knot security. The QUICKANCHOR Plus small joint suture anchors with ORTHOCORD include the MINI, MINILOK, MICRO and MICROFIX product families. Features include:
- A proprietary material in ORTHOCORD comprised of Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene, which provides 55 lbs. of tensile strength and 30 lbs. of knot strength.
- PDS (Polydioxanone), a soft, flexible suture for less stiffness and to minimize post-operative knot mass.
- QUICKANCHOR Plus small joint anchors ranging in diameter from 1.3 mm to 2.7 mm.
- Micro and Mini anchors that are made of a titanium alloy with nitinol arcs for additional pullout strength, used in hand, wrist, foot and ankle procedures and available preloaded with #0 or #2/0 ORTHOCORD.
- MINILOK and MICROFIX anchors that are made of radiolucent PLA (Polylactic Acid) available preloaded with #3/0 or #4/0 ORTHOCORD and designed for hand and craniofacial surgery