Company’s oxidizing chemistry is safe for patients, staff and devices for disinfection in the GI suite
STERIS Corporation offers Resert XL HLD High Level Disinfectant, a new non-aldehyde solution, for hospitals and health centers. According to the company, the Resert XL HLD High Level Disinfectant is a broad-based microbicide-based on AHP™, a proprietary formulation from Virox Technologies that utilizes hydrogen peroxide as the active agent. It is designed for the high-level disinfection of heat-sensitive critical and semi-critical devices and surgical instruments. Its oxidative action does not promote biofilm formation and has been shown to leave no cytotoxic residues on medical instruments after just one rinse.
Features of the disinfectant include:
- The ability to act as a non-toxic, environmentally-friendly, versatile alternative to aldehyde disinfectants,
- A design for both manual cleaning and automated endoscope reprocessing.
- No special venting or disposal measures necessary with the ability to for the solution to be safely and easily rinsed down the drain.
- The ability to achieve a high-level disinfection in only eight minutes at 68° F (20° C) and does not require additional heating in automated processors, which can improve processing productivity and save on energy costs.
- The ability to be reused for up to 21 days, making the per-scope cost comparable to other processes.
- Safe for most flexible endoscopes and their component materials.
For more information, visit www.steris.com