Streamlined Design For Larger Patients
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. introduces the REALIZE Adjustable Gastric Band-C, a new gastric band with a streamlined design that eases placement and has an expanded adjustment range that can accommodate larger patients. The REALIZE Band-C has the same clinically proven high-volume, low-pressure system as the original REALIZE Band, but offers additional features, including:
- A 14 percent greater stoma adjustment range to accommodate larger patients.
- A width of 23 mm which, according to the company, makes it the widest gastric band available and potentially reduces the risk of band slippage.
- An unlockable/relockable closing mechanism that allows intra-operative repositioning.
- A removable band extender with a pre-lock position to ease gastric band placement and accommodate multiple locking techniques and provide greater surface area to grasp.
- Radiopaque band and tubing to enhance visualization under fluoroscopy.
- Removable 1-way valve to maintain balloon evacuation during gastric band preparation.
- Patient access to the REALIZE mySUCCESS™ program, a Web-based tool to help facilitate positive long-term outcomes for bariatric patients.