Fiber Optic Illuminator
Mon, 09/14/2009 - 6:39am
OptiLux is a fiber optic illuminator from LuxteL. The LED device is well-suited for several platforms, featuring:
- Use of a single, large-area LED chip.
- Custom collection optics that couple light into 3- to 6-mm fiber optic bundles.
- A heat sink and fan.
- Linear intensity control.
- An AC power supply.
- A design to be partnered in a medical video camera illumination, endoscopy, microscope illumination and UV illumination for photo sensitive chemical reactions such as UV curing and dental whitening.
- Up to 45,000 hours of chip life.
- No significant wavelengths generated outside the desired range, making wavelengths and color temperature tailored for application.
- A front panel that displays the intensity and has soft tactile up/down buttons providing total intensity control ranging from 10 to 100 percent.
- An 8’ by 5 mm fiber cable providing 130K lux when pumped by a white (6000k) chip.