'Mixed Reality' Surgical Simulator
ProMIS™ from Haptica enables users to use real instruments on both virtual and physical models in the same unit while providing accurate, comprehensive feedback on performance. Utilizing a ‘mixed reality’ or hybrid approach, ProMIS Modules range from Basic Laparoscopic Skills to procedures such as LapAppendectomy and LapColectomy and ProMIS meets the ACS & ACGME RRC requirements for simulation. Features include:
- The capability to simulate Single Incision Surgery.
- Improved camera image and zoom with a hand-held model laparoscope increases image quality by 100 percent and allows total freedom in positioning and zoom.
- Flexible port positioning and angle of entry enable users to have accurate and realistic port placement and replicate real procedures.
- Real instruments in real port positions for increased surgical relevance and enabling team training—including in non-technical skills.
- Increased 'operating space' allowing for more and different procedures
- to be simulated ranging from General Surgery to ObGyn to Thoracic surgery.
- Improved metrics reporting and functionality in the Learning Management System.
- The ability to easily build, adapt and integrate Modules and Tasks—
- including FLS and local curriculum using the Open Module and
- Fully-adjustable tilt and touch screen for ease-of-use.
- The ability to be mounted on stand or desk-top and can be transported easily.
- Few mechanical parts.