MLX Platform Light Source
Thu, 09/17/2009 - 9:49am
Integra Surgical introduces the MLX platform, a Xenon light source featuring:
- A Membrane Activation Switch for a fine degree of control in adjusting light for each procedure.
- The ability to adjust the light output in graduated 5 percent increments, from 20 to 100 percent.
- Elimination of “stray” light if the headlight or cable is not plugged in by turning on in Standby mode and allowing users to unplug the lightsource without losing the output setting by pushing the Standby Switch.
- A 1,000-hr. lamp warranty and the ability to last over one year with typical usage of 4 hours/day, 5 days/week.
- Smart Fan technology that incorporates a temperature-sensing feature to measure the temperature of the air and circulates the appropriate amount of cooling air through the system to provide the appropriate amount of cooling airflow to compensate for the actual temperature in the operating room throughout each procedure.
- A lamp age meter with an LCD display panel “lamp meter” that blinks when the lamp reaches 1,000 hours and can be checked to view a status of lamp hours used.
- Recording of the total system run time, making it easier for biomedical staff to schedule routine maintenance checks.
- The ability for the LCD display to flash if one of the dual fans fails; and as a safety feature, the system will also initiate a shut down to prevent over-heating.
- A cardiac float rating, which ensures that it will not interfere with any other equipment in the OR.