Microscope With New Functions
Carl Zeiss, Inc. introduces new functions for the Axio CSM 700 microscope. The new functions of the Axio CSM 700 confocal light microscope enable materials scientists to measure the 3D topography over large sample areas with more convenience and flexibility. According to the company, features of the microscope include:
- A motorized scanning stage with a 150 x 150 mm travel range that is suitable for materials research, quality inspection and routine applications.
- Scanning stage control that is integrated into the Axio CSM 700 software and allows large sample areas to be captured in a mosaic fashion with high resolution. This function has been further optimized with a stitching algorithm so that no transitions are perceived between the single images in the final mosaic image. Therefore, roughness measurement can be determined with a higher statistical reliability even with large sample areas.
- An encoded and motorized objective nosepiece that now comes standard.
- The ability to accurately measure even low roughness on relatively “soft” surfaces without contact.
- The ability to visualize surfaces three-dimensionally, with high resolution and in true color, and also allows precise measurement of 3D microstructures as well as roughness determination with high quality.
- The ability to perform topographical measurements at more than 100 image frames per second.
- The reliable detection of height information with step heights from 20 nm up to the millimeter range, as well as images with a depth of focus otherwise only possible with scanning electron microscopes.
- Easy-to-use software that provides numerous analysis options, including the measurement of roughness, evaluation of layer thickness and particle analysis.
- A newly programmed filter facilitate and improve the image processing capabilities.
- Integration of English units like inches and microinches into the Axio CSM 700 software so that material microscopy standards valid in parts of North America, in particular, can be better complied with.