Tue, 03/30/2010 - 6:24am
AliMed, inc. introduces the Bariatric Shifter. According to the company, the shifter is a lateral shifting aid that features:
- The ability to hold up to 600 lbs.
- The ability to help medical staff reduce back strain from lifting and shifting patients.
- The ability to help staff minimize the incidence of pressure ulcers in patients.
- Construction out of heavy-duty flexible plastic that fully supports the patient while the shifter is maneuvered on uneven surfaces.
- A high gloss finish that minimizes friction on the transfer surface.
- Easy to clean.
- An hourglass shape allowing for added support.
- 14-handles along the outside of the shifter that are ergonomically correct for caretakers to transfer with less strain.
- Dimensions of 72” long by 38” wide.
- Availability in a purple color.
For more information, visit www.AliMed.com