DePuy Mitek, Inc. introduces the VAPR® Premiere90, a new low-profile, small-diameter radiofrequency electrode that provides fast and efficient soft tissue ablation and coagulation with enhanced visualization during arthroscopic surgery. According to the company, features include:
- A low profile design (3.3 mm tip and 3.7mm shaft) for easy insertion, maneuverability and access to small or constricted areas.
- A large active element surface area providing fast, efficient ablation and coagulation.
- A default power setting that allows the device to ablate hard tissue faster.
- Central and new peripheral suction ports that create a large suction area for improved visualization by quickly removing bubbles and small debris from the field of vision.
- Four raised areas on the face of the electrode providing tactile feedback, allowing the surgeon to know what tissue is being contacted and ablated.
- The ability for surgeons to independently adjust energy settings to optimize power for faster ablation or controlled coagulation.
- An integrated hand piece reduces the number of required connections in the operating room.
- Part of the VAPR Electrosurgical System which includes the VAPR Premiere50 knee electrode for efficient anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) removal and meniscal sculpting, sealing and shaping and more than 20 additional electrodes of various lengths, sizes and angles address a variety of surgical preferences and clinical needs.
For more information, visit www.depuymitek.com