As an alternative to a dedicated orthopedic fracture table, STERIS Corporation offers the Orthopedic Extension. This table accessory serves as an ideal solution when current case load may not warrant a dedicated table, when budget restraints are a concern, when considering a supplemental or secondary fracture table or when the preference is to minimize the shuffle of tables. Features of the Orthopedic Extension include:
- The ability to fit the following of the company’s surgical tables: Cmax™ Surgical Tables, Amsco® 3085 SP Surgical Tables and Amsco® 3080 Surgical Tables.
- The ability to act as a mobile accessory that can be used throughout your facility to increase the variety of surgical procedures you offer including supine or lateral lower extremity orthopedic procedures requiring skeletal or boot traction (e.g., hip pinning, intramedullary (IM) nailing or tibia/fibula surgery).
- Radiolucent carbon fiber abductor bars give you unobstructed imaging capabilities and versatile positioning of the the patient’s lower extremities according to his/her size and treatment requirements.
- Each abductor bar has two metal joints that rotate and can be locked in 7.5 degree increments from 0 to 180 degrees.
- A mobile stainless steel accessory cart (above, right) provides ample storage space for
- your orthopedic accessories and also functions as a convenient platform for docking, undocking and storing the abductor bars. No heavy lifting required.
- The Tenzor™ Carbon Fiber Traction Unit that provides precise, smooth adjustment to the amount of traction being pulled. The gauge on the top surface of the tensiometer gives a visual indication of the tension being applied (up to 60 foot-pounds of torque).
- The ability for patients weighing up to 400 lb. (181 kg) to be postured.
For more information, visit www.steris.com