Fixation Device For Open Ventral Hernia Repair
Covidien introduces the extension of absorbable fixation into open ventral hernia repair—the new AbsorbaTack20 short fixation device. The AbsorbaTack 20 short fixation device is intuitive for the surgeon to use, and contributes to a safer surgical environment. Features of the fixation device include:
- 20 cm short shaft gives the surgeon ergonomic access to the defect.
- The ability to provides secure, temporary mesh fixation.
- An easy-to-use, point-and-shoot design.
- A ratcheted handle that provides tactile feedback.
- Safe use for patient, surgeon and OR teams,
- A screw-in design of the tack that requires no piloting sharps to places.
- Patients and surgical staff will not be exposed to additional sharps in OR.
For more information, visit www.covidien.com