Non-Invasive Surface Cooling
Medivance offers the Arctic Sun® Temperature Management System, a thermoregulatory device that monitors and controls patient temperature within a range of 33°C to 37°C (91.4°F to 98.6°F). According to the company, the system exhibits:
- The Model 2000 automated controller featuring:
- The ability to monitor and control patient temperature
- The ability to pull temperature-controlled water ranging between 4°C and 42°C (39.2°F and 107.6°F) through the Energy Transfer Pads at flow rate of 3 to 4 L/min, resulting in heat exchange between the water and the patient.
Arctic Energy Transfer Pads connected to the Model 2000 that are thin, conformable and anatomically shaped to cover areas of the patient’s skin. Additional features of the pads include:
- A design enabling water to flow within internal pathways across its surface to provide even, efficient heat transfer between the skin and water.
- The ability to adhere to the patient’s skin by the use of a biocompatible hydrogel adhesive and are completely painless to remove.
- A unique hydrogel adhesive allows the pads to be repositioned on the patient’s skin if needed without loosing adhesion.
- Insulation on the back of each pad to minimize heat transfer to the environment and condensation when cooling.
For more information, visit www.medivance.com