OR Integration System
STERIS Corporation and VTS Medical Systems, LLC have developed a new, compact, high-definition integration solution for the OR. The Harmony iQ 2100 Integration System has a smaller footprint than rack-based integration systems and offers flexible placement options. According to the company, the new technology provides:
- A flexible system for routing and controlling sources and destinations within a single operating room.
- A compact design with measurements of 19" wide and 15" high with the ability to orchestrate the OR without crowding it.
- An all-digital system with conduit requirements that are smaller and typically less expensive than those for analog cable bundles.
- Compatibility with virtually any camera, imaging device, navigation equipment or computer display.
- A bright, surgical grade optical touch panel monitor that delivers improved tactile responsiveness over traditional resistive touch panels with the ability to also serve as a high-definition monitor on the nurse’s desk.
- Touch panel functionality on the monitor that is sealed to allow frequent surface disinfection.
- Connectivity for remote diagnostics and an online service call feature to connect with technical support directly from the touch panel.
- A number of useful application options, such as equipment in-service videos and a new surgical safety checklist based on the World Health Organization’s guidelines.
- The ability to provide single point of control to route all of the images, video, audio and data that a surgical team needs to any monitor, recording device or remote location.
- An open architecture to handle a hospital’s current equipment and adapt easily to future needs and growth.
For more information, visit www.steris.com