Lone Star Retractor System™
The self-retaining Retractor System from Cooper Surgical is a flexible, adjustable tool to help manage the surgical site. Composed of retractor rings and elastic stays, that provide optimal exposure and access to the operative area, the system has the ability to rapidly adapt to changes in the field with minimal effort as the procedure progresses. In addition to greatly increasing the visibility and access to a surgical site, the Lone Star Retractor acts as another pair of hands in the OR, freeing up personnel to perform other valuable duties.
According to the company’s website, features include:
- Availability of retractor rings in both disposable and reusable models.
- Produced in an array of articulating shapes designed to facilitate procedures across a variety of anatomical locations, they can be readily reconfigured during use to provide access on demand.
- Counter tension created by the elastic stay.
- Initial retraction achieved by placing 2 stays into the tissue and then inserting the stays into the slots of the ring in opposing quadrants.
- Stays that are available in an array of shapes, sizes, and materials, designed to ease manipulation of both delicate and robust structures.
For more information, visit www.coopersurgical.com