ChloraPrep® Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation from Carefusion is a rapid-acting, persistent and broad-spectrum antiseptic for a range of minor and major medical procedures. The 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate/70% Isopropyl Alcohol formulation has the ability to act on a broad spectrum of bacteria, including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Additional features include:
- The ability to continue fighting bacteria for at least 48 hours.
- The ability to rapidly kill microorganisms due to its 70 percent isopropyl alcohol content.
- The ability to maintain antimicrobial activity for at least 48 hours.
- Effective use against microorganisms including gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci (VRE), Clostridium difficile, Acineobacter, and most viruses and fungi.
- The ability to remain active in the presence of blood, serum and other protein-rich biomaterials.
- CHG, which demonstrates low incidence of irritation.
For more information, visit www.chloraprep.com