AlloSkin™ Wound Care
AlloSkin™ is a 1:1 meshed human skin graft obtained from cadaveric tissue. AlloSkin is extensively tested, cleaned and cryopreserved to maintain cellular structure, proteins, collagen, glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), cytokine mediators and growth factors. AlloSkin consists of epidermis and partial dermis
- Easy handling: pliable and stretchable.
- Can be sutured or stapled without tearing; tack, glue or secure with a non-adherent material.
- Tissue sloughs in about 7-14 days as granulation of wound bed proceeds.
- More cost-effective than other biologically derived wound coverings.
According to the company, clinical benefits include:
- Promotes wound bed granulation and vascularization.
- Diminishes pain.
- Minimizes bacterial proliferation.
- Lessens electrolyte and protein loss from wound bed.
- Reduces heat loss from wound site.
For more information, visit www.allosource.org