W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announces the availability of larger sized GORE® BIO-A® Tissue Reinforcement, a valuable alternative to biologics for reinforcement of soft tissue in surgical procedures. GORE BIO-A Tissue Reinforcement is a unique non-biologic scaffold that is gradually absorbed by the body. According to the company, features include:
- An open, highly-interconnected 3D pore structure facilitates rapid cell infiltration and vascularization.
- Not derived from biologic tissue, so no risk of disease transfer like those associated with human or animal tissue.
- Synthetic nature, which can be advantageous for uniformity, thickness and consistency.
- The ability for the scaffold to guide regeneration of favorable type I collagen.
- A three-year shelf life that requires no special handling, storage or tracking.
- Intended for use in the reinforcement of soft tissue, including hernia repair (in non-load bearing applications), muscle flap reinforcement and general tissue reconstructions.
- Specific applications include: stoma reversal, paraesophageal/hiatal hernia repair, breast reconstruction using pedicled TRAM flap, abdominoperineal resection and abdominal wall reconstruction.
For more information, visit www.goremedical.com.