The STERRAD® NX™ System from ASP is a fast, low-temperature hydrogen peroxide gas plasma sterilizer. It has the ability to sterilize a wide range of instruments, including single-channel flexible endoscopes and semi-rigid ureteroscopes. And it provides the flexibility of having dry, packaged, sterile instruments ready whenever you need them. As a result of its flexibility and quick instrument turnaround, the STERRAD® NX™ System helps you handle more caseloads, without delays, and keep the OR on schedule. What’s more, the STERRAD® NX™ System is compact, can be cart-mounted for mobility, and requires only a simple plug-in. So it’s flexible enough for placement in OR Substerile Rooms, OR Surgical Cores, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Sterile Processing Departments, and Specialty Departments such as Urology – where rapid instrument turnaround is crucial.
According to the company the STE RRAD® NX™ System helps keep the OR on schedule with:
- 28-minute cycle time* helps ensure fast instrument turnaround
- Single-channel flexible endoscopes, semi-rigid ureteroscopes, and a wide range of instruments can now be sterilized in a single system
- Compact size makes system ideal for operating rooms and surgery centers
- Instruments are ready for use anytime due to dry, packaged, terminal sterilization process
Additional features include:
Versatile for Instruments and Environments
- Single-channel flexible endoscopes – such as bronchoscopes, hysteroscopes, and choledochoscopes – semi-rigid ureteroscopes, cameras, light cords, batteries, power drills, rigid scopes, and much more can be sterilized in a single system.
- Sterilizes a wide range of instruments, including single-channel stainless steel lumens with dimensions ≥ 1 mm x 150 mm or ≥ 2 mm x 400 mm in the Standard Cycle and ≥ 1 mm x 500 mm in the
- Advanced Cycle, and single-channel polyethylene and Teflon® flexible endoscopes with dimensions ≥ 1 mm x 850 mm in the Advanced Cycle.
- Dry, packaged, terminally sterilized instruments are ready for immediate use or can be stored for later use.
- The STERRAD® NX™ System can be placed on a countertop or cart-mounted for mobility, and only requires a simple plug-in.
- It is flexible enough for placement in OR Substerile Rooms, OR Surgical Cores, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Sterile Processing Departments, and Specialty Departments such as Urology – where rapid instrument turnaround is crucial.
Safe For Patients, Staff, And The Environment
- Hydrogen peroxide residuals are non-toxic and non-carcinogenic.
- Process by-products are water vapor and oxygen, eliminating
- the need for aeration or external ventilation.
- No toxic residue or hazardous emissions
- Self-contained, safe, and easy-to-insert hydrogen
- peroxide cassette
Fast Instrument Turnaround
- 28-minute Standard Cycle for most general surgical instruments.
- 38-minute Advanced Cycle for single-channel flexible endoscopes, semi-rigid ureteroscopes, and longer-lumened devices.
- The combination of speed and the ample, two-tiered chamber helps you process at least twice as many devices per cycle than with peracetic acid sterilization.
- Quick instrument turnaround eliminates the need for duplicate instrument inventories
Gentle On Instruments
- Proven gentler than steam or peracetic acid on even the most delicate instruments, resulting in decreased instrument damage and lower repair costs1
1. Heller J. New sterilization system cuts repair costs for rigid scopes.
Materials Manage Health Care. 1996;9(5).