Streamline Patient Flow, Improve Efficiency
Amelior ORTracker is a web-based workflow visibility and automation solution purpose-built to streamline patient flow and improve the efficiency of a perioperative department. OR workflow algorithms measure location, movement and interactions between patients, staff and movable medical equipment to recognize patient care milestones and notify the caregivers who need this information to keep patient care flowing safely and efficiently. Interoperable with all real-time locating systems (RTLS)
According to the company, OR patient benefits include:
- Reduced time waiting between stages of care in a perioperative visit.
- Improved rate of on-time surgery starts.
- Real-time awareness of the care status of loved ones.
- A quieter, more healing environment as phone calls and overhead pages by caregivers to confirm status are eliminated.
- Improved safety through the automatic tracking of key intervals (e.g., antibiotic infusions prior to incision)
- Improved safety through enhanced communication between caregivers of patient flow roadblocks (e.g., missing History & Physical)
- Improved safety through enhanced communication between caregivers of patient safety alerts such as bariatric patient, latex allergy, patients with similar names
- Reduced patient visit length due to the elimination of delays between caregivers caused by a lack of information on resource location and status
- Elimination of the operational risk of being temporarily ‘lost’ in the department
- Improved safety through the automatic tracking of the interaction of people and people & equipment for infection containment
- Happier staff due to having resources when and where they need them and the resulting increase in time to devote to patient care
- Real-time location and status of 100% of patients and tagged movable medical equipment.
- Significant reduction in time spent ‘hunting and gathering’ providing more time for direct patient care.
- Organized, legible communications between staff.
- Ability to measure efficiency and productivity with peer group.
- Ability to share single-unit inventories.
- Promotes inter- and intra-department accountability based on automatic time-stamping.
- Increased personal safety through an automatic log of interactions between people and people/equipment.
- Tag is a tangible indication to patients of the department’scommitment to improving the quality and safety of their OR visit.
- Improved time management and ability to anticipate upcoming workflow based on real-time statu.s
- Improved personal workflow efficiency through filtered views of own patients/rooms and context-sensitive, dynamic watch-lists and alerts.
- Pride of working in a department which invests in technologies designed to improve the quality and safety of patient experience and the capacity to respond to rising patient volumes.
- Ability to retrospectively analyze patient throughput to identify bottlenecks and continuously improve.
- Access to accurate data to support service comments from patients.
OR clinician benefits include:
- Improved ability to anticipate staffing needs (e.g., PACU schedule with anticipated post-op recovery patients, by acuity, in 30-minute segments)
- Improved OR utilization through orchestration of patient, caregiver and resource readiness.
- Increased case volume for surgeons.
- Improved Joint Commission compliance.
- Discovery of dysfunctional processes within current state workflows in preparation for workflow automation.
- Increased patient satisfaction.
For more information, visit www.pcts.com