Laparoscopic Single Port Access Device
Wed, 02/16/2011 - 4:51am
The InnoPort™ Innovia LLC’s new laparoscopic single port Access device comprising a hollow flexible cone secured in the incision with two stay sutures. According to the company, features include:
- Three 5-mm ports with bellowed walls to allow a wide range of manipulation without jeopardizing pneumoperitonium.
- Two ancillary ports, which permit insufflation and smoke exhaustion.
- The ability to place and remove more easily and quickly,
- The ability for the stay sutures to prevent inadvertent pop-out.
- An exhaust port that can double as a fourth port for cholangiogram catheter entry.
- A hollow cone that allows removal of specimens without contacting surrounding tissue.