The new wireless measuring station seca 284 is aimed at achieving the fast and accurate measurement of height and weight in a single step and integration in the seca 360° wireless network. According to the company, features include:
- The ability to be used for a range of weighing and measuring needs – from pediatrics and cardiology to nephrology.
- The heel positioner and the solid headpiece with the integrated Frankfurt Line to ensure that the head is in the right position for exact height measurements from 30 to 220 cm.
- Calibrated with a stable glass platform.
- A high weight capacity of 660 lbs/300 kgs, in 100-gram steps so even slight changes in weight can be detected immediately.
- Two displays, one display for direct read-out of height from the headpiece, the other a three-line multi-function touch display with white backlighting that makes the display of height, weight and the automatically calculated BMI visible under all lighting conditions.
- The ability to touch a key to transmit the measurements to a seca 360° wireless printer or a PC with the software seca analytics 105, which analyzes and formats the data.
- The ability when the user enters gender, age and PAL (Physical Activity Level) via the Input key on the multi-function touch display for the scale to calculate the resting metabolic rate and total energy consumption and prints out the results on the seca 360° wireless printer.
- The ability to calculate percentiles for children and compare its findings to statistical norms.
For more information, visit www.seca.com