Matrox Graphics Inc. announces that MAGMA has validated the Matrox Xenia Series triple-display controller boards with the Magma ExpressBox1 Pro external expansion system operating under Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, and Windows XP. This unique hardware combination empowers radiologists, on-call service professionals, and healthcare industry representatives with an advanced multi-display solution to conveniently connect their notebooks to a broad range of medical and non-medical displays and/or projectors—at display resolutions up to 4MP+8MP+8MP—while benefiting from the system's portable 7.71" x 1.73" x 13.72" design.
According to the company, mobile healthcare personnel and services that can benefit from using a portable solution include:
- PACS and mammography sales and support staff who need to connect to a multitude of displays and projectors at field demonstrations and/or training sites
- Radiologists working between offices can connect their laptops to displays at various locations
- Calibration and DICOM Certification service personnel visiting hospitals with a transportable solution to validate system, procedural, and/or workflow environments
- IT departments who can deploy and administer service solutions to support staff responsible for employee training, debugging, or maintenance purposes
- Healthcare industry organizations looking to reduce hardware and installation expenses with a convenient, easy-to-use platform at tradeshows, media events, and staff meetings
For more information, visit http://www.magma.com/pciexpress.asp.