The TW-4000 Medical Tempest Washer from Midbrook Medical is a four-basket ultrasonic, enzymatic soak, agitation, exterior fluid spray and interior lumen flush system. The unit is designed especially for surgical instruments and small utensils cleaned in the Central Processing Department of the hospital that can be ultrasonically washed. According to the company, the system uses a single tank system filled with incoming 120°F facility water. The system will dose the water with a pre-determined ratio of enzymatic cleaner. Ultrasonic generation is used in the first cleaning stage for a period of up to 20 minutes. Simultaneously during the ultrasonic cycle, the system flushes the interior of the lumens at varying intervals with enzymatic dosed solution and air injection bubble cavitation stream. The system rinses the interior and exterior of the ported devices and exterior of all devices with water heated from 120°F up to 190°F via a separate electrical in line heater element. The unit provides a final rinse using highly filtered and ozonated pure water.
Additional features include:
- Approximate dimensions of 61”W x 47”L x 63” H.
- The ability to handle hard-to-clean instruments.
- Stainless steel construction of wash tank with insulation.
- Automatic lift mechanism for loading/unloading of shelves, and a load height designed for easy operator use.
- Interface for monitoring and controlling process-relevant functions.
- Automated lid lift operated by push button or cycle status.
- Top lid to have a viewing window to see inside system while operating.
- Single shelf configuration for 4 baskets or 4 orthopedic trays on a single shelf is the standard configuration.
- Submicron inlet compressed air filter.
- Safety shutoff switch.
- Solution flow monitoring.
- Programmable cycles with supervisor lock out for simple one-touch operator operation.
For more information, visit www.midbrookmedical.com