STERIS Corporation offers new Resert® XL HLD High Level Disinfectant. According to the company, the disinfectant acts as a safe alternative to aldehyde-based high level disinfectants. Features include:
• Fast-acting 8-minute high level disinfection with effective kill activity at 20°C/68°F.
• The ability to be reused for up to 21 days.
• An oxidative chemistry that eliminates staff exposure hazards associated with aldehyde-based HLD solutions (glut and OPA).
• Patented AHP® technology; 2 percent hydrogen peroxide.
• Virtually odorless, requires no special venting, measuring or mixing.
• Requires no activation or heating.
• Requires only one rinse.
• Formulated for free-rinsing, leaves no toxic residues on devices.
• The availability of Verify® chemical monitoring strips to help assure the solution is at or above the recommended concentration of hydrogen peroxide.
• Formulated with biodegradable ingredients and passes aquatic toxicity standards.
• Can be disposed of without detoxification.
For more information, visit www.steris.com.