Single Incision Access Port
The InnoPort from Innovia LLC, facilitates performance of laparoscopic surgery through one incision, instead of multiple incisions, with the goal of minimizing pain, scarring and recovery time for patients. The device's hollow, cone-shape design grants physicians unrestricted access to the abdominal cavity with up to three rigid, curved and/or articulating 5 mm instruments. The design also enables physicians to place, use and remove the device with minimal effort, and low risk of contamination or complication. Two ancillary ports permit insufflation and smoke evacuation. In addition, small specimens can be pulled into the hollow body of the InnoPort and removed without touching tissue (no endobag needed). The InnoPort is now available with three 5-mm self-lubricating ports. According to the company, features include:
- 5 mm x 5 mm x 5 mm valved ports.
- Insufflation and exhaust ports.
- The need for a 25 mm incision.
- Two suture attachment to prevent pop-out.
- Versatile use in multiple procedures, including laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hernia repair, appendectomy, etc.